Mrs. DeSmit’s Class Blog

Park Elementary

About Mrs. DeSmit

Welcome to the wonderful world of Kindergarten!   My name is Wendy DeSmit and I am so excited to be your child’s teacher this year.  I will work together with you to make your little one’s first year at Park Elementary a positive one!   Throughout the year your child will learn through playing, watching, listening, singing, reading, writing, and more.   I hope to provide your child with a safe environment where he/she can explore, ask questions, and answer questions. 

I live in Hudsonville with my husband and have three kids.  My husband teaches business classes at the high school and coaches varsity girls golf and varsity baseball.  My oldest daughter graduated from Hope College and will begin her 2nd year teaching Health at Grand Haven High School.  A college highlight for Kasey (that I am so proud of), was during her senior year when her basketball team ended up winning the National Championship.  It was a dream come true for her as she finished off her basketball career.  My son graduated from Hudsonville in 2020 and is working fulltime at Proper Soda.   He recently moved out and is excited to live on his own.  My youngest is going to be an 11th grader this year.  She enjoys playing sports and loves to spend time with her friends.   Here are some pictures of my family 🙂

I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.  My whole family is very competive and we enjoy playing and watching sports.  You will often find my family at Hudsonville sporting events.  We love Friday night football and basketball games.  I also enjoy running and playing golf.  I look forward to getting to know you and your child and learning all about their hobbies and interest as well! 

Here are some pictures of my kids playing sports 🙂

I am honored to have an opportunity to be a part of your child’s life!  I am looking forward to a fantastic year!  Feel free to contact me through email (wdesmit@hpseagles.net) if you have any questions.  xoxo

Skip to toolbar