Mrs. DeSmit’s Class Blog

Park Elementary

Kinder News!!! Friday, October 22, 2021

| 0 comments

Top Frogs:

Image result for frog

This weeks Top Frogs were Everhett and Spenser!

Writing Workshop

This week we wrote lots of pattern books!

This is the….

I like my….

I see the…

Simple pattern books (I, see) by My Inside Shoes | TpT

Readers Workshop:

On Friday we had a reading celebration!  It was a day to teach kids, when we work hard at something and succeed…we celebrate!!!!!  We celebrated being storybook readers and early emergent readers by throwing a parade, and inviting Mrs. Beckett’s 3rd graders is to show off that we are readers!!!!

Image result for favorite story book cartoon characters

Popcorn Words

This weeks words were:  on, up, look, you

Image result for popcorn words

Baggy Book Information

Tuesday we start our baggy book program. Have your child “touch read” (point to the bottom of each word while reading) the book everyday to various family members, practicing the reading strategies listed below.

Directions For Home:

1. Practice the collection of sight word flashcards with your child. (5 min)

2. Listen to your child touch read the book at least 3x.

3. Sign the sheet provided only if you feel your child is ready for a new book.

4. The baggy book and sight word flashcards should be sent to school EVERY TUESDAY AND FRIDAY, even if your child is not ready for a new one. Every Tuesday and Friday a parent will be spending one on one reading time with each child and will be using your child’s baggy book and sight word flashcards for instruction.

5. Please send the book and flashcards back to school in the Ziploc bags, as we will reuse them with your child’s books for the remainder of the year.

SNACK CUPBOARD

The snacks are starting to come in…THANK YOU!!!  If you have not contributed yet, please think of us while you are at the grocery store!  Ask your kids for any requests!!!!   Thank you!!!!!!

Image result for snack time clip art images

Halloween

Halloween Costume Kids Cliparts, Stock Vector And Royalty Free Halloween Costume Kids Illustrations

We are planning to have our Fall/Halloween Party on Friday, October 29th.  Your child can wear his/her costume to school! We will begin with a school wide costume parade, followed by gathering at the kinder playground for us to entertain you with a collection of pumpkin songs.  Everybody is welcome to come to the costume parade and for the singing performance!

The kids and I will enjoy some festive activities throughout the day.  I contacted those of you that have volunteered to contribute something for our class halloween festivities.  At this time, we will not be having parents in the building to help with our additional festive activties.  We are goingto spread them throughout the day.  Please plan to come to the costume parade and singing!!!  I promise to take pictures and post them on my blog!  Thank you for your understanding and those that have volunteered to contribute supplies.  xo

Important Dates & Reminders

*Tuesday, October 26  – Baggy Books will begin! All baggy book volunteers will recieve a calendar in your child’s yellow folder on Tuesday!

*Friday, October 29 – Halloween Festivities!  Kids will be allowed to wear costumes and we will play a few games and do a craft!  Parents will be invited to our school wide costume parade and stay to hear kinders sing a collection of pumpkin songs on our playground (weather permitting only)

*Students come to school dressed in costume

*9:00 – School wide costume parade

*9:20ish – kinders will perform a collection of pumpkin songs: gather in the kinder playground! (weather permitting)